This license agreement is between the Guest, the Licensee of rental property and Emerson Guest Properties, LLC (“EGP”), the Licensor authorized by the owner (“Owner”) of said rental property (“Property”), as of the date last set forth on the signature page of this Agreement. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
In consideration of the monies paid and promises contained herein, the Owner does hereby grant to the Guest, the license to use those premises during the period as indicated in the Reservation.
Guest acknowledges that he/she is occupying the premises only as a licensee of the Owner, and that this agreement does not create a landlord-tenant relationship, or any other interest in the Owner’s property.
Owner and/or EGP reserve the right to revoke the license agreement “at will”.
Owner and/or EGP retain absolute control over the premises.
Owner and/or EGP agree to supply the licensee of all the essential services required for the licensee’s permitted use of the premises.
The license described herein is non-transferrable.
1. Smoking and vaping are NOT allowed inside.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. All of the units are privately owned; the owners and/or Emerson Guest Properties LLC are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners and/or Emerson Guest Properties LLC are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
5. Please respect the homeowner and neighbors by refraining from making excessive noise, playing loud music, or having an excessive number of people at the house at any time.
a. Events and parties are not allowed. This home is located in residential neighborhood. Loud noise, especially outside, is always discouraged, and strictly prohibited after 9pm. If neighbors can hear you or your music from the street in front of the property, you are in violation of the City of Austin's noise ordinance, and therefore, our rental rules. If you are coming/going for a night out on the town, please be mindful of car door noise, etc when you return home. We want you to have a great visit, but it is extremely important that guests be respectful of our property's neighborhood and the people that live here. If this rule is violated, and the neighbors complain and/or city cites the property a violation, your reservation will be terminated immediately, without refund, and may be subject to liquid damages.
b. Illegal substances and/or activities are strictly prohibited.
c. Owner or Owner’s Representative reserves the right to require guests to depart the premises, without refund, if these rules is ignored.
6. Only use appliances for their intended uses
7. PETS are permitted only with prior approval and the Pet Addendum must be completed.
8. PARKING – Driveway parking is generally available. Street parking is generally allowed. We’re happy to answer questions about parking at your specific property.
9. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
a. All dishes used should be run through the dishwasher or hand washed prior to departure.
b. Please place any used towels in the bathtub prior to departure. Sheets can remain on the beds. Thanks!
10. Check out Policies. Guest should be checked out of home by 11am of last day, unless another time is specifically agreed upon. After making sure the house is securely closed up, please place all keys in lockbox and relock. Missing keys will result in a rekey fee being deducted from the security deposit.
a. Penalty for an unapproved late check out is $50 per hour
b. Deposit will be refunded within 7 business days. Unless there are pets (14 days).
Important Occupancy and Gathering Rules, per the City of Austin.
As of February 23, 2016, the City of Austin has voted to impose some very strict rules regarding occupancy and gatherings. These rules will be uniformly enforced at all Short Term Rentals within the City of Austin's boundaries, and we are obligated to inform you of these rules and enforce them.
Maximum Occupancy: This is VERY important! Please read closely. The maximum number of guests allowed for this property is stated on the property's listing page. The City of Austin strictly prohibits any groups with more than 6 unrelated adults at a Short Term Rental property. If your group exceeds 6 adults, and the above maximum occupancy allows more than 6, you must be able to prove that at least a portion of the group is related. The overall size of your group cannot exceed the maximum adult occupancy stated on the property's listing. Undeclared guests are not allowed. These are extremely strict rules that the City of Austin is requiring you and your guests to abide by, and they MUST be honored. If this rule is violated, and the city cites the property a violation, your reservation will be terminated immediately, without refund, and you and your guests may be subject to liquid damages.
Gatherings: The City of Austin now prohibits groups of more than 6 to gather on the outside portion of the property at any one time, and additionally prohibits any outside gatherings after 10pm. This rule, limiting gatherings of 6, applies even if the maximum occupancy of the house exceeds 6. These are extremely strict rules that the City of Austin is requiring you and your guests to abide by, and they MUST be honored. If this rule is violated, and the city cites the property a violation, your reservation will be terminated immediately, without refund, and you and your guests may be subject to liquid damages.
If Guest wishes to cancel his/her reservation, the depositwill be refunded as follows (less any credit card fees, which are non-refundable for guest initiated cancellation or reservation modification):
Regular Reservation Cancellation Policy
100% if cancelled more than 30 days prior to the Check-in Date
50% if cancelled 30 days or less prior to the Check-in Date
0% if cancelled 7 days or less prior to the Check-in Date
Special Event or 30+ Night Reservation Cancellation Policies
100% if cancelled more than 90 days prior to the Check-in Date
50% if cancelled 90 days or less prior to the Check-in Date
0% if cancelled 30 days or less prior to the Check-in Date
Owner/Mgmt reserves right to cancel reservation in the rare event that circumstances are deemed necessary by management. If cancellation is necessary guest will receive a full refund.
Vacation Rental Damage Protection
As part of your reservation, you can opt to either purchase vacation rental damage protection or pay a fully refundable security deposit. You may change which option you would prefer at any time prior to your check in date.
a. Vacation Rental Damage Protection: As a part of your stay, you may purchase a Vacation Rental Damage Protection plan designed to cover unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. If purchased, the policy will pay a maximum benefit of $3,000. Any damages that exceed $3,000 or are not covered under the plan will be charged to the credit card on file. If, during your stay at one of our rental properties, an insured person causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, the Insurer will reimburse the Insured for the cost of repair or actual cash value of such property up to a maximum benefit of $3,000. Certain terms and conditions apply. Full details of the Vacation Rental Damage coverage are contained in the Description of Coverage or Insurance Policy, which can be found here:www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/g10vrd. The Vacation Rental Damage plan can be purchased up to, and including at, check-in. By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize and request CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services to pay directly Emerson Guest Properties, LLC any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Vacation Rental Damage Protection. If you do not wish to purchase the Vacation Rental Damage Protection you may add a fully refundable damage deposit (up to $1000, depending upon your property).
b. Damage Deposit: The deposit is for security/damages and shall be released within 5 business days of the Checkout Date provided no deductions are made due to:
i. damage to the property or furnishings;
ii. dirt or other mess requiring excessive cleaning; or
iii. any other cost incurred by Homeowner due to Guest’s stay.
If the premises appear dirty or damaged upon Check-in, Guest shall inform Homeowner Representative immediately.
We encourage all renters to purchase traveler insurance. You are a valued guest and we want to do everything possible to make your trip enjoyable and worry free. Because the unforeseen and unexpected can occur before you leave or when you’re away from home we recommend CSA’s Vacation Rental Insurance Plan. Please review the attached Information Sheet for more details.
You can protect your valuable reservation investment for only 6.95% of your total.
If you elect to purchase travel insurance, we offer a 10-Day Free Look, from the date of purchase, to review the insurance policy. If in that 10 day time period, you decide you would rather not utilize this feature, we will happily refund you the full amount, as long as you have not left for your trip or filed a claim.
Review policy here: www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/330CERT
1. Guest to pay additional pet fee
2. All pets must comply with the following specifications (documentation from an accredited veterinarian must be provided by Guest upon request):
a. May not exceed 100 lbs.
b. Must be at least 1 year(s) of age or older.
c. Must be spayed or neutered.
d. Must be up-to-date on rabies vaccinations and all other vaccinations. Heartworm preventive is highly recommended.
e. A maximum number of 2 pets are allowed, unless an exception is specifically granted.
3. All pets must be leashed at all times when outside of the house or fully fenced yard.
4. Guest is responsible for cleaning up any/all pet refuse. A minimum of $50 clean up fee will be applied if pet refuse is left at the property.
5. Pets are not allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees.
6. All pets are to be treated with a topical flea and tick repellent three (3) days prior to arrival. Fleas and ticks are very rampant in this area and can cause harmful/fatal illness to humans and pets. Deposit may be held up to 2 weeks with pets to ensure there are no fleas in the residence. If flea treatment is necessary, guest will be responsible for damages.
7. Pet must not cause damage to premises or furnishings. If damages are caused, the cost of the damage may be deducted from security deposit.
8.Guest should prevent pets from producing excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors. Failure to honor this rule can result in early termination of the rental without refund and/or withheld deposits.
9. Pet will not be left unattended for an undue length of time, either indoors or out. Pet will not be left unattended on balcony, patio, or porch.
10. Homeowner and/or Emerson Guest Properties LLC assume no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises.
The Guest shall be solely responsible for the pet while on the property.